Your health and well-being is extremely important to us. We are proud to have been awarded the official ‘Good to Go’ mark. Please read these important safety procedure before you travel.
Before your visit
- Please check our opening times in case of any changes. Please note that the library is not currently open.
- If you or anyone you live with displays symptoms associated with Covid-19, we ask you to delay your visit until it is safe to do so.
- It is not necessary to purchase an advance ticket.
- Please remember to bring a face covering with you as these are required in the shops and museum.
During your visit
- General hygiene: We have adopted a rigorous cleaning regime. All high traffic areas and surfaces are disinfected regularly and we have hand sanitisers stations at key points. Staff are fully trained and equipped with PPE such as face masks and gloves.
- Face coverings: It is a Scottish Government requirement that you wear a face covering in enclosed areas i.e. the ticket office, shops and museum.
- Children’s playpark: We ask parents and carers to supervise children and for everyone to use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Museum: Due to the risk of infection our audio guides won’t be available at this time and the library will remain closed for the time being. We will also take your contact details as you leave, as is required by the Scottish Government’s ‘Test & Trace’ procedures. From 9 August we no longer have timed tickets for the museum but will monitor visitor flow manually for everyone’s health and safety.
We very much look forward to welcoming you.