Your health and well-being is extremely important to us. We are proud to have been awarded the official ‘Good to Go’ mark. Please read these important safety procedure before you travel.
Before your visit
- Please check our opening times in case of any changes. Please note that the library is not currently open.
- If you or anyone you live with displays symptoms associated with Covid-19, we ask you to delay your visit until it is safe to do so.
- It is not necessary to purchase an advance ticket.
- Please remember to bring a face covering with you as these are now required in the shops and museum.
- Note that in line with Scottish Government rules we can accept individual groups of up to 6 people, from no more than 2 households. Please keep a 2 metre distance between groups.
During your visit
- Ticket office: We have a one-way system in place. You’ll enter via the main gate and purchase your ticket from a new ticket window. We strongly encourage contactless payment.
- Children’s playpark: Children under 12 are welcome to enjoy our playpark. We ask parents and carers to supervise at a safe distance and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Shops: We are limiting the number of people in our shops at any one time. In line with Scottish Government policy, face masks are required in the shops. If you prefer not to visit the shop you can exit via the main gate.
- General hygiene and social distancing: We’ve introduced a rigorous new cleaning regime. All high traffic areas and surfaces are disinfected regularly and we have hand sanitisers stations at key points. Staff are fully trained and equipped with PPE such as face masks and gloves.
- Museum: Face coverings are required by law throughout the museum. Entry is by timed ticket, purchased at the main ticket office. We have a one-way system in operation, with floor markers to help you maintain social distancing. Due to the risk of infection our audio guides won’t be available at this time and the library will remain closed for the time being. We will also take your contact details as you leave, as is required by the Scottish Government’s ‘Test & Trace’ procedures.
We very much look forward to welcoming you.