Five pipers from across Scotland will perform in the annual competition named in honour of the revered 19th century piping pioneer. This year is the competition’s 32nd anniversary, and the pipers competing are Iain Speirs, Glenn Brown, Callum Beaumont (2017 winner), Alasdair Henderson and Craig Sutherland. The Judge is Allan Macdonald and singer is Christine Primrose.
The competition and performance takes place in the Stables (Gasta at Armadale Castle cafe). Tickets are £8 (£4 concession), including buffet after the performance. To book your ticket in advance please call us on 01471 844 305, or pay on the door (cash or cheque only please).
The full programme of players and tunes (full biographies can be downloaded from this page, right):
- Iain Speirs ‘An Gròta’ or ‘The Groat’
- Glenn Brown ‘Cumha dh’Fhionnlaidh’ or ‘The Lament for Finlay’
- Callum Beaumont ‘Cumha Phadruig Mhòir MhicCruimein’ or ‘The Lament for Patrick Mòr MacCrimmon’
- Alasdair Henderson ‘Cumha Dubh Shomhairle’ or ‘Lament for Samuel’
- Craig Sutherland ‘Fàilte Fear Bhaghasdail’ or ‘Boisdale’s Salute’
Clan Donald Lands Trust is grateful for the support of donors who help make our sponsorship of the Gaelic Performing Arts possible.