Useful information to help you plan your visit.
- What’s on offer? Our gardens and museum are open. Visit our website Explore pages to have a look around. Please note that our Library and Archive is currently closed due to Covid-19. If you would like to make a Library enquiry please contact Library@armadalecastle.com
- Food and drink: We have a welcoming bistro in the Stables building. You are also welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy at the picnic tables next to the playground area.
- WiFi: We have free WiFi in the bistro and museum.
- Shops: We have two lovely gift shops on site.
- Audio guides: To enhance your garden visit download our free gardens audio guide. To listen, download the free Candide app from your app store and search for us. In the museum we have audio guides in several languages (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Scottish Gaelic) and a guide for people who are visually impaired.
- Dogs: We welcome dogs in the gardens but please keep your dog on a lead. In the museum we only allow registered assistance dogs. We have a hook for tying up your dog by the museum entrance and a water bowl is always available.
- Photographs: You are welcome to take your own photographs for personal use and social media. For health and safety reasons we do not allow drone photography during opening hours. If you wish to take drone photographs at other times or would like to enquire about commercial photography please contact us.
- Covid-19: We are registered ‘Good to Go’ with a range of Covid-19 safety measures in place for everyone’s safety and well-being. Find out more.
- Families: We welcome families to Armadale and have lots to offer. Find out more.
- Accessibility: We want everyone to be able to enjoy their visit. Find out about our facilities for people with access needs.
- Severe weather: During high winds or other severe weather we may need to close the gardens at short notice for safety reasons. Please check our website and social media in advance of visiting.
Need to know more? Please contact us.