Useful information to help you plan your visit.
- What’s on offer? The Museum, Gardens and Gift Shop is open daily, 1 April – 31 October, 9.30 – 5. The Archive is open by appointment. Visit our website Explore pages to have a look around.
- Food and drink: You are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy at the picnic tables next to the playground area. Find out more.
- Shop: Our gift shop is in the ticket office and offers a wide range of gifts and souvenirs.
- Audio guides: To enhance your garden visit download our free gardens audio guide. To listen, download the free Candide app from your app store and search for Armadale Castle. The Museum has audio guides in several languages (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Scottish Gaelic) and a guide for people who are visually impaired.
- Dogs: We welcome dogs in the gardens but please keep your dog on a lead. In the Museum we only allow registered assistance dogs. We have a hook for tying up your dog by the Museum entrance and a water bowl is always available.
- Photographs: You are welcome to take your own photographs for personal use and social media. We do not allow drone photography during opening hours. If you wish to take drone photographs at other times or would like to enquire about commercial photography please contact us.
- Families: We welcome families to Armadale and have lots to offer. Find out more.
- Accessibility: We want everyone to be able to enjoy their visit. Find out about our facilities for people with access needs.
- Toilets: There are toilets in the Stables building and Museum. These include baby change and Disabled facilities.
- Covid-19: We have a range of Covid-19 safety measures in place for everyone’s safety and well-being. Find out more.
- Walking trails: Outwith the Gardens we have created several miles of walking trails to explore. You can download a map from this page but please note the Red Trail loop in and out of Armadale Castle Gardens is currently closed. Find out about our walking trails.
- Severe weather: During high winds or other severe weather we may need to close the gardens at short notice for safety reasons. Please check our website and social media in advance of visiting.
Need to know more? Please contact us.