Join us every Thursday in the school holidays for hands-on family activities. We’ll be running different fun and creative activities each week, for families with children aged 2 – 12. It all takes place in and around the museum’s new outdoor learning space – the Old Laundry Activity Tent.
Spaces in the tent are limited to comply with Covid rules. So it’s best to book your activity slot in advance – details below. We’re also running outdoor trails and giant games outside the tent, available 10:00 – 16:00.
How to book
- Choose your 40 minute activity slot at: 10.00, 11.00, 14.00 and 15.00 (Thursdays only)
- Email us (preferred) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the museum on 0330 055 2528
You can also turn up on the day and see if any slots are available. Activities are free and you can book for as many sessions as you like.
We’ve got a different theme each week, linked to our museum exhibition Coastal Castles of Clan Donald.
Families can have fun with creative workshops and themed activity tables, and can join in our stories and songs. There’s also sensory toys and playdough for toddlers and early years children. Outside the tent, kids can let off steam with giant games and explore our grounds with discovery trails and activities.
- 1 July: Castles and tapestries. Weaving workshop.
- 8 July: Dragons and Sea Monsters. Puppet-making workshop.
- 15 July: Food and feasting in the castle. Gardening workshop.
- 22 July: Maps, mazes and mini-beasts. Mini-beasts and pond-dipping workshop.
- 29 July: Castle islands. Clay modelling workshop.
- 5 August: Flags and shields. Storytelling workshop.
- 12 August: Boats and fishing. Junk boat modelling workshop.
- 19 August: Castles and tapestries. Weaving workshop.
- 26 August: Castle islands. Clay modelling workshop.
Download the full programme from this page.
Covid-19 and health & safety
For everyone’s safety and security we ask you to use the hand sanitiser provided. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and adults must adhere to social distancing.. The Activity Tent is ventilated to ensure a Covid-safe environment but numbers are limited to 10 adults at any one time and booking is required. Thank you for your understanding.
This programme has been funded by Museums Galleries Scotland as part of the Scottish Government’s Get into Summer programme, supporting opportunities for children and young people to socialise, play and reconnect this summer.