We are pleased to announce that the gardens are open daily throughout August; and in September they will be open 6 days a week (closed Mondays). The museum is open 4 days a week (Thursday – Sunday in August, changing to Wednesday – Saturday in September). For prices and further information see our Plan Your Visit page.
Armadale Bar & Bistro is open Tuesday – Saturday.
For everyone’s safety you’ll find a number of new measures in place when you visit us, including:
- Ticket office: We’ll have a one-way system in place. You’ll enter via the main gate and purchase your ticket from a new ticket window. We strongly encourage contactless payment.
- Children’s playpark: Children under 12 are welcome to enjoy our playpark. We ask parents and carers to supervise at a safe distance and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Shops: We’ll limit the number of people in our shops at any one time. In line with Scottish Government policy, face masks are required in the shops. If you prefer not to visit the shop you can exit via the main gate.
- General hygiene and social distancing: We’ve introduced a rigorous new cleaning regime. All high traffic areas and surfaces are disinfected regularly and we’ll have hand sanitisers stations at key points. Staff are fully trained and equipped with PPE such as face masks and gloves.
- Museum: We will limit numbers and entry will be by timed ticket, purchased at the main ticket office. We have a new one-way system in operation, with floor markers to help you maintain social distancing. Due to the risk of infection our audio guides won’t be available at this time and the library will remain closed for the time being. We ask for your contact details for the government’s Track and Trace programme, and you are required to wear a face covering in the museum and shops.
If you or anyone you live with displays symptoms associated with COVID-19, we ask you to delay your visit until it is safe to do so.
Our self-catering holiday lodges are also open; find out more and book online.
We very much look forward to welcoming you.