We’re delighted to announce plans for re-opening the gardens and museum, with new procedures in place for everyone’s safety.
We’ll be re-opening on Thursday 23 July. This will be the gardens only, with a reduced price entrance ticket – information on our Plan Your Visit page.
We’re planning to open the museum and bistro in early August; details to follow soon. Tickets can be purchased on arrival with new social distancing and hygiene procedures in place.
These procedures will require additional staffing, so we will be limiting our opening to Thursday – Sunday (9.30 – 5.30). The whole site will be closed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This ensures that we can offer all our visitors a safe and enjoyable experience.
These details are correct at the time of writing but local conditions may change, so please do check our website and social media before you travel. If you or anyone you live with displays symptoms associated with COVID-19, we ask you to delay your visit until it is safe to do so.
You’ll find a number of new measures in place when you visit, including:
- Ticket office: We’ll have a one-way system in place. You’ll enter via the main gate and purchase your ticket from a new ticket window. We strongly encourage contactless payment.
- Children’s playpark: Children under 12 are welcome to enjoy our playpark. We ask parents and carers to supervise at a safe distance and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Shops: We’ll limit the number of people in our shops at any one time. In line with Scottish Government policy, face masks are required in the shops. If you prefer not to visit the shop you can exit via the main gate.
- General hygiene and social distancing: We’ve introduced a rigorous new cleaning regime. All high traffic areas and surfaces are disinfected regularly and we’ll have hand sanitisers stations at key points. Staff are fully trained and equipped with PPE such as face masks and gloves.
- Museum: When the museum re-opens we will limit numbers and entry will be by timed ticket, purchased at the main ticket office. We have a new one-way system in operation, with floor markers to help you maintain social distancing. Due to the risk of infection our audio guides won’t be available at this time and the library will remain closed for the time being.
Our self-catering holiday lodges are already open; find out more and book online.
We very much look forward to welcoming you once again.